We’re looking for a planner. In Sandtable, that means you’ll be the conduit between our clients and a bunch of PhD data scientists. Reporting to the Director of Planning, it will be your job to work out how to translate the large and unwieldy strategic problems faced by our clients into more crisply defined questions about human behaviour that can be addressed using data analysis and computer modelling. You’ll be cool working with coding teams, comfortable talking statistics and models, and passionate about uncovering new insights. You’ll be familiar with the dappled domain of behavioural science, and will have experience applying the findings of behavioural science to behaviour change problems in the real world.
– Identifying business problems through structured and informal engagement with client teams
– Analysing and interpreting data in a variety of different formats
Researching the literature on a new topic and developing a framework for thinking about it
– Building conceptual models
– Briefing data scientists
– Facilitating groups
– Writing and delivering presentations
– Writing proposals
– Education at least to Masters level with evidence of on-going studies in relevant areas (behavioural science, market research, data science)
– Experience in a research role.
– Experience working with and analysing behavioural or survey data.
– Some commercial experience or evidence of group organisation / administration.
– A thinker: has a point of view and argues for it
– Curious with the the courage to ask naive questions
– Highly numerate and data savvy
– Works well in a multi-skilled team
– Excellent presentation and verbal communication
– Commercial savvy
– Creative thinking