We are seeking a full-stack software engineer to join a growing team building web-based data applications that deliver insights to our clients from our data-driven agent-based models. The team includes Visualisation Developers, Software Engineers, DevOps, and Data Scientists.
- Development and maintenance of our web-based data applications.
Skills & Requirements
BSc or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
Or relevant experience.
- Web technologies: HTML5 and CSS
- Backend web development using Python frameworks, like Django and Flask
- Working with Linux based systems, e.g. Ubuntu
Desirable to have experience, or at least interest, in:
- Node.js and Meteor
- CSS frameworks such as Semantic UI, Bootstrap, LESS, etc
- NoSQL databases: MongoDB
- Reactive UI development and websockets
- UI libraries such as React or AngularJS
- Data visualisation libraries such as D3.js
- Web application development using Cloud providers, e.g. AWS
We develop for Linux on Macbooks; push to Bitbucket; share via Slack; and organise in sprints.