Sandtable is a data science company that builds models of human behaviour to support strategic decision making by organisations.
For more about what we do, see our blog.
Our offices are on Old Street, London.
We are looking for motivated summer interns for two/three months to work with our engineering team. The team develops a cloud-based platform used by data scientists to develop and deploy models.
This is a great opportunity to work on the full development lifecycle of an application: design, implementation, testing, and release (and iterate!).
We work in small teams, hold morning scrums, and use Trello for Kanban.
You will work on tools/services for the platform.
Examples projects include:
Do any of these interest you? What would you like to do?
Last year, our engineering intern, Faure, built a microservice for sending notifications from our backend services to Slack, and a Slack command integrating our Continuous Integration server. You can read about his experience here.
– Expected (or completed) a 2.1 or better bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related subject.
– Experience programming with Python.
– Some experience of databases: relational (SQL) or NoSQL.
– Desirable: use of version control systems, e.g. git.
– Bonus: built RESTful APIs and web services; used Docker.
– Extra bonus: enjoy playing board games.
Our infrastructure is runs on Amazon Web Services. Our microservices are mainly written in Python, using tornado and flask; our web apps in JS using Meteor and Node. For data, we use MongoDB, Redis, AWS S3, and AWS Redshift. We package our services using Docker and ship to run on Mesos/ Marathon, and web apps on Kubernetes.
This is a remunerated position.