We are seeking a DevOps engineer to join a growing team building out cloud infrastructure to support Sandtable’s data science business and Sandman, our platform-as-a-service.
For more about what we do, see our blog.
- Develop out and manage cloud infrastructure.
- Support cross-functional teams in development and delivery of data science projects.
Skills & Requirements
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Managing Linux based systems, e.g. CentOS, Alpine
- Networks: DNS, firewalls, SSL
- System administration: databases, web servers and load balancers e.g. Nginx, Haproxy
- Using scripting languages, e.g. Python, bash
- Version control: Git
- Containers/ virtualisation, e.g. Docker
Desirable to have experience, or at least interest, in:
- Cluster management/ container orchestration systems, e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon
- Configuration management, e.g. Chef, Ansible
- Continuous integration systems: Jenkins pipeline
- Monitoring tools: Prometheus; Grafana
- Logging tools: ElasticSearch-Logstash-Kibana; Sumo Logic
- Security of cloud systems
- NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Redis
- Serverless, e.g. AWS Lambda