We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team building Sandman, our cloud-based platform-as-a-service. Sandman is used for the development and deployment of data-driven simulation models used to support strategic decision-making. The team includes software engineers, devops engineers and data scientists.
For more about what we do, see our blog.
- Develop and maintain Python-based microservices.
- Develop and maintain SDKs and CLIs.
Skills & Requirements
BSc (at least 2.1) or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Programming using languages like Python, Golang, Java, C++
- Data-intensive and microservice architectures
- Developing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Developing for Linux-based systems, e.g. Ubuntu, Debian
- Developing for relational/ NoSQL databases
- Agile methodologies: Scrum; Kanban; TDD; BDD
Desirable to have experience or interest in:
- Developing for the Cloud: AWS; GCP
- RPC frameworks: gRPC
- Serialisation frameworks: Protocol Buffers
- Python micro-frameworks: flask; bottle
- Python asynchronous frameworks: gevent; asyncio
- Python testing frameworks: pytest
- Containers: Docker; rkt
We develop for Linux on Macbooks, push to Bitbucket, communicate via Slack, and organise using Trello.