We are seeking a Software Engineer to join a growing team developing Sandman, a cloud-based platform-as-a-service. Sandman is used for the development and deployment of data-driven agent-based models used to support strategic decision-making. The team includes software engineers, devops engineers and data scientists.
For a technical overview of Sandman, see our blog.
For more about what we do and who we are, see here.
- Develop and maintain Python-based microservices.
- Develop and maintain SDKs and CLIs.
Skills & Requirements
BSc (at least 2.1) or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Programming using languages like Python, Golang, Java, C++
- Data-intensive and microservice architectures
- Developing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Developing for relational/ NoSQL databases, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Developing for Linux-based systems, e.g. Ubuntu, Debian
- Agile methodologies: Scrum; Kanban; TDD; BDD
Desirable to have experience or interest in:
- Working with web frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue.js
- Developing for the Cloud: AWS; GCP
- RPC & serialisation frameworks: gRPC; Protocol Buffers
- Python asynchronous frameworks
- Development using Docker
We develop for Linux on MacBooks, push to Bitbucket, communicate via Slack, and organise using Phabricator.