Changing human behaviour is at the heart of the most important strategic challenges that organisations and societies face.
Sandtable was founded with the single purpose of providing a better understanding of human behaviour by developing rich and realistic simulations of populations.
We use these simulations to provide the foresight needed by leaders to make better decisions and shape the future.
For more about what we do, see our blog.
Our offices are on Old Street, London.
We are looking for a motivated intern for the summer to work with our engineering team.
The team develops a cloud-based platform, Sandman, used by data scientists to develop and deploy simulation models. For more info on Sandman, see here.
This is a great opportunity to work on an exciting, evolving product.
We’re a small team, do morning scrums, and use Trello for Kanban.
You will work on tools/services for Sandman.
Example projects could include:
Do any of these interest you? What would you like to do?
Previously, we’ve had interns work on projects like:
– Expected (or completed) a 2.1 or better bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related subject.
– Experience programming with Python.
– Some experience of databases: relational (SQL) or NoSQL.
– Desirable: use of version control systems, e.g. git.
– Bonus: built RESTful APIs and web services; used Docker.
– Extra bonus: enjoy playing board games.
Our infrastructure runs on Amazon Web Services. Our microservices and SDKs are written in Python; our front-end in Typescript; all are shipped in Docker; and run on Kubernetes.
This is of course a remunerated position.